Montessori Baby Toys To Help Your Baby Learn Through Play
Babies are curious little things. They yearn to learn and explore. It’s all part of their growth and development. And they learn best through play.
The good news is that you can give them a head start in this area by encouraging them to play with age-appropriate toys. Even better, you can enhance or stimulate their development by using Montessori baby toys.
What Are Montessori Baby Toys?
Montessori baby toys are educational toys that are designed and built based on the principles of the Montessori Method.
The Montessori Method is an educational system developed by Dr. Maria Montessori that is based on self-direction and hands-on learning through collaborative play. Children are encouraged to make creative choices with an adult providing gentle guidance, creating the perfect learning environment.
Montessori baby toys are specifically designed to be used by babies and toddlers from 3 months to 3 years.
The primary material that Montessori baby toys are made of is wood. This is because according to the Montessori Method, wood is a natural substance with no health issues that can allow your child to appreciate it with all their senses. This allows for the creation of completely safe toys that ensures kids can play without any reservation.
Apart from wood, Montessori baby toys can also be made of plastic, metal, rubber, or a combination of these materials. While the toys themselves can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, as long as they adhere to Montessori principles, they are considered to be Montessori toys.
Why Are Montessori Baby Toys Important?
Because Montessori baby toys are designed with your little one’s developmental needs in mind, they offer a wide range of benefits:
- They help in stimulating their senses and promoting creativity and imagination
- They allow your child to develop their hand-eye coordination as well as gross and fine motor skills as they play
- Montessori baby toys can help enhance a child’s intellectual and emotional skills
- They also lay the foundation for future social skills by teaching children how to follow rules and how to make observations
- They teach babies basic logic skills by showing them simple cause and effect relationships
Which Montessori Baby Toy Should I Get?
Depending On Your Needs, Here Are A Few Montessori Baby Toy Recommendations That Your Little One Will Absolutely Love:
- Montessori house bed frame: A wooden frame with a mat and a pillow that can become a play area. As your little one grows, it can also teach them about how to build things.
- Montessori baby toy train: A delightful toy train that is made of wood with plastic wheels. Comes in different colors, shapes, and sizes.
- Montessori city baby blocks: These are wooden blocks with numbers, letters, or pictures on them. Can be rearranged to form a simple cityscape!
- Montessori dollhouse: The perfect toy to grow with your little one!
- Montessori musical instruments: Simple musical instruments that come in different shapes and sizes. They’ll teach your little one how music works
As you buy your Montessori baby toys, be sure to keep your little one’s age in mind. Toddlers have different needs than younger children. Understanding this will have you choosing the best Montessori toys for your little one every time. Good luck!