How to Dress Your Child in Autumn: Tips and Tricks
Ah, Autumn! Nothing beats the sound of the crunch of russet leaves underfoot! With fall comes cool, breezy mornings and chilly nights, along with nostalgia that hits you like a train when you realize the holidays are just around the corner!
Cooler weather also means that your child needs to keep warm as they play outside. But how do you find that perfect balance in clothing that is just warm enough to be comfy without going overboard? Well, here are a few useful tips that will help you dress your little one for autumn like a pro:
- Turn their regular summer outfits into warm outfits by pairing them with autumn wear. For example, you can combine a simple skirt with tights to turn it into a cozy autumn look.
- Autumn is all about dressing in layers. Increase the thickness and weight of the layers as you go up. So, for example, you can start with a comfortable shirt and pants, then add a long-sleeved shirt on top of that before finally topping it all off with a jacket. This way, your child will be able to remove the top layers as needed and add them once more as it starts to get chilly.
- Invest in nice, warm jackets. Autumn weather often changes very rapidly. Warm days can quickly turn into cold evenings, so you always want to have a warm jacket nearby. Let your child take the jacket with them to daycare or preschool. You should also keep an extra jacket in the car, just in case.
- You also want to dress them in clothes that are easy to slip on or off. Autumn is a season where the cold is just starting to roll in. However, it could still be warm at certain times of day. Your child needs to be able to quickly layer up or down as needed with the changing weather. Therefore, avoid too many buttons and zippers.
- Keep their toes covered. Sandals are great for summer, but kids lose a lot of body heat from their feet. Invest in comfortable closed-toe shoes for autumn. This will allow them to play care-free in leaf piles without having to worry about their feet getting too cold. Boots are perfect for this.
- If you live in a cold area, invest in several hats and gloves. In such areas, the temperature often drops drastically in the evenings without warning. The only way your child will keep playing outside is if they make the proper adjustments in their dressing to suit the weather.
When shopping for your kids’ autumn clothes, be sure to create a checklist of boots, sweaters, hats, scarves, hoodies, warm tights, gloves, and long-sleeved shirts. Go for warm colors and soft textures; it’ll make them look absolutely classy and adorable this season!
Your kids may be down over the fact that summer is over and shorts and sandals are out, but autumn brings with it the opportunity to get them a new wardrobe, something that will definitely get them excited! They’ve probably outgrown last year’s clothes anyway, so this is great news!
Autumn is a great time of year. When your child gets the chance to go playing and exploring despite the weather, it is a great opportunity for them to learn about changing weather and the different seasons by experiencing it firsthand. Plus, they’ll definitely enjoy all the delicious hot chocolate they’ll get to drink once they get back to the house!
If you have been wondering how to dress your kids for autumn, this short guide has hopefully given you some pointers and helped you figure out where to start. Good luck and feel free to check out our Fall Collection!