Christmas Gift Ideas by Age for Babies and Toddlers
When buying gifts for babies and toddlers, it is often easy to end up buying something that is not appropriate for their age. The result? Something that only grabs their attention for a few minutes on that first day before they cast it aside and never touch it again.
Wondering how to buy a Christmas gift for your baby or toddler that is not only suited for their age but also age-appropriate? You have come to the right place. Here is a list of Christmas gift ideas for babies and toddlers categorized by age:
Christmas Gift Ideas for Babies from 0-6 Months
At this age, your little one is still figuring out the world around her. You want a gift that is not only fun to play with but also practical and functional as well. Here are a few ideas:
- A Textured Floor Play Mat: This is great for floor play as it will give your little one the opportunity to stretch and experiment with basic movements. The texture will also appeal to her sense of learning by promoting sensory play.
- A Baby Carrier: This is a must-have baby essential that will make the lives of mom and dad a lot easier. It is a great way to ensure that your little one will always feel close to you as you go about your day.
- A Key Rattle: This is a great way to enhance your little one’s hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills as they have a grand time shaking it. Designed to be easy for babies to hold, they can also serve as teethers when your little one starts teething.
Christmas Gift Ideas for Babies from 6-12 Months
Next up is 6 to 12 months. By this age, your little one is adventurous and ready to take on the world. Here are a few ideas that will help her achieve exactly that:
- A Playhouse: Perfect for pretend play, this playhouse will fire up her imagination while giving her endless hours of sensory play. It is a great Christmas gift because she’ll absolutely love her very own secret space!
- Activity Book: This activity book is a collection of 10 baby-friendly activities that will have your little one enjoying herself while learning and practicing essential skills. This Christmas present will instantly become your baby’s all-time favorite book!
- Senses cubes: This set of 6 stackable cubes come in visually stimulating colors and patterns that will excite your little one. They have a spongy texture that makes them easy to grip, perfect for sensory play. Each piece also doubles as a rattle and has recognizable designs all over it. It will become the most unique Christmas gift she’ll get this year!
Christmas Gift Ideas for Young Toddlers from 12 Months to 2 Years
This stage is all about exploration and trying new things. They are also perfecting basic skills that they have been slowly picking up over the last few months, which means any toy you get should help them do this as well. Here are a few ideas:
- Activity Gym: A great alternative to a traditional playground, your little one will be all over this activity gym. It comes with a slide, climbing wall, swing, rope climber, monkey bars, ladder, and basketball hoop.
- A Foldable Tricycle: This unique take on the standard tricycle comes with a removable canopy to help shield your little one from the sun, excellent shock absorption wheels, and one-handed steering. It has a leather seat and a footrest that is included for your little one’s comfort. She’ll absolutely adore this Christmas gift!
- Foldable Rocking Horse: A great way to extend muscle development by allowing your little one to control the speed of the rocking movement on her own. Plus, it’s foldable, so it takes up less storage space!
Christmas Gift Ideas for Toddlers from 2 to 3 Years
As your little one becomes more and more confident, here are some of the gift ideas she’ll love:
- A Scooter: A great way for her to speed up her adventures in an ergonomic, safe, and secure way. This Christmas gift will open up a whole new world of fun for your toddler!
- Stuffed Toy Giraffe: If she needs a new addition to her tea parties, this cozy giraffe is exactly it! Perfect for cuddles as well!
- A New Bed: It’s time for her to move out of her crib and into her very own toddler bed! This Montessori bed with rails will also help her learn basic life skills at the same time! It is a great practical and functional Christmas gift that she will use every day for several years!
So there you have it; our list of some of the most interesting Christmas gift ideas for toddlers and babies. Still need some inspiration? Watch your little one for hints. When you go to the shop, try to find out the things that grab her attention and keep her interested. Let her interests and passions guide you and you will always get the perfect gift every time. Merry Christmas!